What’s old is new again, and that seems to be especially true in the world of interior design. Over the past few years, we’ve seen a lot of new trends come and go. But now, it seems like many of those older trends are making a comeback. Here are 12 interior design trends that we think are due for a comeback!
- Slipcovers – Slipcovers were once a popular way to protect furniture from spills and dirt, but they fell out of favor in recent years. But now, we think they’re making a comeback! They can add a touch of personality to any room, and they’re perfect for hiding old or stained furniture.
- Yellow Rooms – Yellow has always been a popular color, but it’s been especially popular in recent years. We think it’s due for a comeback! A bright yellow room can be really cheerful and uplifting, and it can help to create a happy and positive mood.
- Hollyhocks – Hollyhocks have been a popular flower for centuries, but they’ve fallen out of favor in recent years. We think they’re making a comeback! They’re beautiful flowers that come in a variety of colors, and they can be used to add color and interest to any garden or landscape.
- Wallpaper – Wallpaper was once considered outdated, but now we think it’s making a comeback. There are so many fun and unique wallpaper designs available, and it can add a lot of personality to any room.
- Statement Curtains – Statement curtains have been popular for a while now, but we think they’re due for a comeback. They can add a lot of personality and interest to any room, and they’re perfect for making a bold statement.
- Antiques – Antiques have always been popular, but we think they’re due for a comeback. There’s just something special about old antiques that can’t be replicated in modern furniture.
- Wooden Floors – Wooden floors have been popular for many years, but they seem to be even more popular lately. We think this is due for a comeback because they’re beautiful, timeless, and versatile. They can match any decor style, and they’re perfect for any room in your home.
- Wicker Furniture – Wicker furniture was once popular, but it fell out of favor in recent years. We think it’s making a comeback because it’s unique and stylish, and it adds a touch of vintage charm to any room.
- Nautical Decor – Nautical decor has been popular for many years, but we think it’s due for a comeback. It’s perfect for creating a relaxing and beachy atmosphere, and it can be used in any room in your home.
- Gingham – Gingham has always been a popular fabric pattern, but we think it’s making a comeback lately. It’s perfect for adding a pop of color to any room, and it goes well with many different decor styles.
- Mid-Century Modern – Mid-century modern furniture and decor has been popular for a few years now, but we think it’s due for a comeback. It’s simple and timeless, and it can add a touch of sophistication to any room.
- Velvet – Velvet has been making a comeback in recent years, and we think it’s due for another resurgence. It’s luxurious and elegant, and it can add a touch of glamor to any room.
What do you think? Are there any other interior design trends that you think are due for a comeback? Let us know in the comments!
If you’re looking for some new ideas to freshen up your home décor, be sure to check out our blog for more inspiration! We have lots of ideas for every room in your house, and we’re always updating our blog with the latest trends. So be sure to bookmark us and visit us often!